Android Question TabStripViewPager problems with some devices.

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I have recently made a new version of my app and I'm using TabStripViewPager.
All Android 6+ devices are working flawlessly.
Some Android 5 and Android 4.4 devices, as users reporting, have delay problems with scrolling pages. I've noticed that these devices have up to 1.5 GB of RAM.
Does anybody face the same problem?
I don't know if the problem comes from the viewpager - I don't think that this is valid - just asking in order to begin my investigation!
Thank you in advance!

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel!
Thank you (as always...) for your response!
No, I'm not loading any images!
The page that causes the problem is preloaded on Activity_Create
This page has 2 layouts preloaded and I show and hide the proper layout simply setting as visible the corresponding background panel.
The most shown layout has one preloaded Google Map on a parent panel, 10 labels on a parent panel and 4 buttons on a parent panel...
I've noticed that after 3-4 times that I show this page, the memory use is increasing to ~250-300 MB from ~100 MB of the initial loading of the app.
These devices have the slow down problem when the memory is reaching this amount of use.

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use the same map and not only this!
The markers I move every time is needed, are preloaded too and I change only their positions!
I'm pretty sure that the memory consumed by the map is consumed every time becomes visible, even if the markers are not moved!

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to hide the whole panel that contains this map and all the labels and buttons.
If it causes the problem, may I have to find another way to manage this...

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello again, Erel!
I've just tried with moving the panel. I take the same results: after 5-6 moves, the memory is increasing to the same as previous levels...
I've started to believe that the problem is caused from the 2 preloaded markers that move their locations on the map!!!
I think there is not anything else I have to suspect!

Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Surely it isn't a problem for newer devices with 2+ GB of RAM.
I'm looking for a way to make it work with the older tablets...
The truth is that I'm looking for a free or affordable SDK for offline maps, in order to solve many problems of the online mapping processes.

Upvote 0