Android Question Terminology

Richard P

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am very new to B4A and am trying to learn as i go along and using some the tutorials.

One thing that i get stuck with in some of the terminolgy used is when they talk about activities - is this the same as a module?

Tutorials are great but i am never getting the results i want.

Thanks

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Module is a generic name for different parts (modules) in the IDE. You can have:
- Activity modules
- Class modules
- Code Modules
- Service modules

In the IDE menu Project / Add New Module you have the choice to select one of the module types.
Each module is saved in its own file with the bas extension.

Did you read chapter 11 Modules in the Beginner's Guide ?

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Richard ... If you have any background with Visual Basic you could liken an activity to a Form module.
Your App could have multiple Activities / Forms you want to display to the user .. each with there relevant code to make the activity function.

Upvote 0

Richard P

Licensed User
Longtime User
Module is a generic name for different parts (modules) in the IDE. You can have:
- Activity modules
- Class modules
- Code Modules
- Service modules

In the IDE menu Project / Add New Module you have the choice to select one of the module types.

- Activity modules
- Class modules
- Code Modules
- Service modules

Thanks for the response.

I am downloading the beginners guide now, i do have a couple of books which i am working with.
My last programming experience was the old basic back in the 80's and a couple of projects in dBase about the same time.

I am afraid i am not the most patient and will dive in feet first however, on this occasion i need to start a little more slowly.

I am sure i will be wanting more help but it seems there is always someone to help

Thanks for now

Upvote 0

Richard P

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Richard ... If you have any background with Visual Basic you could liken an activity to a Form module.
Your App could have multiple Activities / Forms you want to display to the user .. each with there relevant code to make the activity function.

I am i am looking more to the old basic back in the 80's. I will get there as there always seems to be plenty of help out there.

Thanks for now

Upvote 0

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Richard. Starting with the beginners guide is a great starting point along with the users guide. Then there are code snippets, and tutorials, but most of all there are many users who read the posts every day, and are willing to help with everything from code corrections to rewriting trial codes. You'll find help all along the way. All of us have been fortunate to have help on this forum from time to time.

Upvote 0

Richard P

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Tom, i am starting to find that but for now have a bit of reading to do.

I an sure i will be in contact again in the future but for now thank you for the advice.

Regards

Upvote 0