TESTERS Wanted - SMS texting app

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is completely voluntary.

I am looking for testers who would like to test my upcoming B4A app, RoboTexter.

The app uses a bot to reply to SMS messages that are solicitation or spam. If you are getting unwanted SMS text messages, you can add that phone number to the blacklist so the bot will always respond to that person. Alternatively you can add all your contacts to the whitelist so the bot never texts a person from that list.

Right now it's just a very basic early version. If successful, I plan to add many more features to the app.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 4.png
    4.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 218
  • promo.png
    promo.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_1597478971.png
    Screenshot_1597478971.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 1.png
    1.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 3.png
    3.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 4.png
    4.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 224

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you expect this to actually help reduce number of spam messages? I would imagine the opposite effect. A better strategy, as far as I can tell, would be to not feed the trolls and instead just block them.

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you expect this to actually help reduce number of spam messages? I would imagine the opposite effect. A better strategy, as far as I can tell, would be to not feed the trolls and instead just block them.
Yes you could do that. But if you want to have fun with telemarketers then this would be convenient. There are bots that automatically answer phone calls and engage with a telemarketer , this would be no different.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this would be no different
This would most likely be very different. The bots that answer phone calls tie up time for an actual human, thus making their business less profitable. A noble goal indeed.

Your bot-app will most likely not communicate with a human but instead do so with their bot. I find it likely nobody in the spamming organization will even notice that you tied their bot up for a couple of messages before it deemed you a lost cause and moved on.

As far as a can tell, the only purpose to use an app of this kind is, as you put it, "to have fun with telemarketers" - assuming your definition of fun include two bots that speak in turn without actually communicating with each other.