iOS Question Testing app on Mac M2

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a Mac Mini M2 for some days (borrow) and first thing I wanted to try is if my Ios App runs on it ....
No, it doesn't, I got an huge error log 🙃 (I'm trying with a beta that I have on TestFlight).

Does the app need to be developeded with particular requirements to run on M2 ?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know they should just run. I have several iOS apps that run fine on my Mac Mini M1 without any changes at all. I think the M2 should be the same. These apps were developed in Swift / Xcode though, so I don't know if there's a difference in B4i (if that's what you're using). I think you need to be running Big Sur 11.0 or later on the Mac though.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I'm developing with B4i and the Mac has the latest OS Ventura.
I'm using iMazing, a tool that transfer on the Mac the ipa you have installed on your iPhone.
I tested a copuple of apps (for example WhatsApp) and the Mac says it is not developed for MacOs. My app yes (I checked the flag in Connect for my build) but the Mac says the installation has failed because it was not possible to verify the integrity.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I'm developing with B4i and the Mac has the latest OS Ventura.
I'm using iMazing, a tool that transfer on the Mac the ipa you have installed on your iPhone.
I tested a copuple of apps (for example WhatsApp) and the Mac says it is not developed for MacOs. My app yes (I checked the flag in Connect for my build) but the Mac says the installation has failed because it was not possible to verify the integrity.
There may be something in MacOS that only allows iOS apps to be installed from App Store. This would make sense to protect Mac users from malicious iOS apps.

- Colin

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
It makes sense. I should officially publish the app and see if it appears on the store from MacOS. Actually I have just published a beta with TestFlight, but trying to run it from the Mac I see an huge error log. I'll see. Thank you for your infos.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
It makes sense. I should officially publish the app and see if it appears on the store from MacOS. Actually I have just published a beta with TestFlight, but trying to run it from the Mac I see an huge error log. I'll see. Thank you for your infos.
What kind of errors are you seeing?

- Colin.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I can't tell you now, I have repackaged everything managing to give back to the owner (I don't like Mac world at all ...). I'll see if try again during the next days and eventually come back here. Thank you for the interest.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm back. I started from scratch the MacMini M2 (factory reset) and first of all tested again if the App I have on testflight works. It works perfect :)
I don't know why I had problems last day, I'll try now to install again everything is needed for the B4iBuilder, Xcode etc and see.
Thank you !

Upvote 0