B4J Question TextArea font color?

ToolboxZX

Licensed User
Longtime User
How does one go about changing a textarea so that it has a black background and a white font? Can this be done using the designer and if so how?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can set the background color and then add this text to the extra CSS field: -fx-text-fill: white;

SS-2016-07-24_08.51.41.png

Upvote 0

ToolboxZX

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can set the background color and then add this text to the extra CSS field: -fx-text-fill: white;

SS-2016-07-24_08.51.41.png
Thanks! That took care of obtaining a white font and a black background :) However is there some additional code that needs to be added to the extra CSS line, so that when this field receives focus, the background stays black and doesn't turn blue? That seems to happen when I am just updating the field with text programmatically :(

Upvote 0

ToolboxZX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you again for your quick reply on this subject Erel!
Actually, doing some additional hunting around I was able to achieve this by adding some additional code in the extra CSS field, beyond the "-fx-text-fill: white;" value.

Just out of curiosity, since the example referenced for using CSS requires use of the deprecated Scene Builder, do you have any plans for adding any features to the more modern internal designer? :)

In B4J 4.20, the Scene Builder did not come up for me when attempting to edit the file, so I thought perhaps you removed it in preparation for something better :)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0