The Fewer Posts a Thread Has the More Readership it Gets

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish the forum administrator has the ability to hide posts in a thread that have answers like:
'Thank you', or 'Just an idea' as the full post text. The 'like' button is preferable.

I also like the administrator to hide posts that involve back and forth arguments between members that want to make their point without backing them up and the posts add nothing to solving the thread. Of course the admin has to use discretion.

I have seen threads that accurately solve the question posed in the first few posts, but unfortunately the thread gets hijacked by subsequent posts that are irrelevant. Many members miss out on the good answer because we all have a tendency to read the recent answers in recent posts.
My point is: Generally not alsways, the fewer the number of posts in a thread the more attention it gets.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
My point is: Generally not alsways, the fewer the number of posts in a thread the more attention it gets.
I'm with you.

1. This is exactly why you can see many threads ending with the annoying sentence: "please start a new thread for this question".
2. And this is the reason for the "old thread" warning appearing after 15 days.