Android Question There is an #if APK condition (like #if AAB) to compile the app?

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[EDIT]: I think the problem is because I left Google manage the sign key to the AAB file. Even change the sign key in the Tools menu, I get the warning about certificate.

I use an old sign key to my apps (configured in Tools / Private Sign Key).

Now I need to create a new app, using App Bundle, and use a new sign key with #SignKeyFile condition in the code.

I put the AAB in Play Store, download it to test and works fine.
If I update the project, it will install a APK in the device and show a warning that the APK has a different certificate.

Can I use a diffent sign key condition to compile the APK, using the same sign key to create the AAB, without change the file in menu Tools?

Last edited:

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now it auto detects the sign key algorithm.
How does he do it?
I use the old key to old apps, configured in the tools menu.

If I create a new AAB app (signing by Google), I get the warning about the certificate, when I compile and install it with the APK format.

I don't understand how to reconcile the old apps sign key with the new ones.

There is a way to work with old apps (APKs) and new apps (AABs) without received warnings.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Usually you don't need two keys. What are you doing with the APKs? Distributing them outside of Google Play?
As the APK is from old apps, I compile it i this format to update the apps in Google Play.

I don't use AAB to old apps, only in the new apps to put in Play Store.

If I change the old key to this apks, I can't put it in Play Store.

I would like to know the best way to use the old key (with old apps) and the new format AAB (and new option to signing from Google) to new apps.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0