B4A Library Time Picker Library (CSTimePicker)

Updated to v1.5 with the following changes:

- Initializer now has a Scale parameter.

The default size of the picker is 84dip x 200dip, however if this is too big or too small you can specify a Scale (float) to resize it.

Example:

B4X:
Private tp As CSTimePicker

tp.Initialize(Activity, txtApptTime, 1.5)
tp.Show

will result in a picker that is 126dip x 300dip.

Updated to v1.3 with the following changes:

- Time picker is now sized relative to the screen size (so it no longer looks tiny on a large screen);
- The "+" & "-" buttons now repeat when you long press on them - slowly at first, then faster.

Here's a real simple time picker library I wrote to address a need in a new project I'm working on. The class is CSTimePicker.

When you initialize it you pass it the activity you are calling it from & the view that will receive the result when the user taps the OK button. The view can be either a Label or an EditText & if you try to use anything else, you will get a toast message telling you to use either a Label or EditText.

You can provide an initial starting point for the time picker by putting a value in the receiving view & there is checking in there so that if the value isn't a valid time value, it will default to 09:00.

The hour & minute numbers will wrap in both directions & if you tap the down button for minutes when the time is say 10:00, it will become 09:59. Likewise, if you tap the minute up button when it's 09:59, it will become 10:00.

When the user taps the OK button, the timepicker value is returned to the receiving view as a string formatted as "##:##". If the user taps Cancel, it returns nothing.

There are 2 methods:

1) .Initialize(Activity, View, Scale) - Activity is the activity you are calling from & the view is the receiving EditText or Label;

2) .Show

An example piece of code would be:

B4X:
Sub ShowPicker_Click
    Private tp as CSTimePicker

txtAppointmentTime.Text = "10:00"
    tp.initialize(Activity, txtAppointmentTime, 1)
    tp.Show
End Sub

It's pretty simple & not very colorful, but someone might find it useful.

- Colin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-31-14-56-04 (1).png
    Screenshot_2015-08-31-14-56-04 (1).png
    116 KB · Views: 496
  • CSTimePicker.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Computersmith64, thanks for the time picker. How can I change the size of the time picker. Unable to see OK button with tab host layout. Thanks in advance.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Computersmith64, thanks for the time picker. How can I change the size of the time picker. Unable to see OK button with tab host layout. Thanks in advance.
Hey - there isn't any way to set the size currently. I can take a look at it & see if I can implement something, but it won't be for a few days as I'm currently trying to get another project completed.

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

I've uploaded v1.5 which includes a Scale (float) in the initializer. The default size is 84dip x 200dip - so you can use the scale to make it bigger or smaller.

- Colin.