Android Question ToggleLibrary - toggle wired ethernet connection

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am developing applications that use an MK802IIIs android mini pc. Most sites are connecting wirelessly, but in locations where the devices are used with no wifi they are connecting with an ethernet cable. Is there a way to toggle the hard wired ethernet connection?

Thanks. I have had no problems with the bluetooth, or wifi toggling. they work as they should.

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you need to toggle? The network communication will work with any available connection.
The device comes with ETH0 setup internally. When I plug in a separate ethernet cable it creates ETH1. Most of the time it connects to ETH1 and continues on its merry way. However I have had several instances when it stays on ETH0 and fails. I am thinking that it I can toggle the ethernet connection off and then on it will connect to the active ETH1.

Upvote 0

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know there isn't any API in Android that will help. You can try to search for a Java solution. If such exists then I can help you port it.
Thanks. It appears that if I toggle the Wi-Fi on then off it re-searches for connections and has been finding the ethernet. I don't know if it is going to be consistent or if I have just been lucky so far.

Upvote 0