Typo's in B4X Guides - Who wants to know Klaus ?

KiloBravo

Licensed User
I have been reading over the B4X Guides and found a few typos.
E.G. B4X Graphics
2.3.1.1 XUI
B4X:
Sub Process_Globals
Private xui As XUI
Private xplGraph As B4XView
Private cvsGraph As B4XCanvas '--- I asuume this should be xcvsGraph ?
End Sub
xplGraph = xui.CreatePanel("")
xcvsGraph.Initialize(xplGraph) ' or this should be cvsGraph ?
2.4.1 XUI Drawing methods
On the 7th line ...
x, y. x1, y1, x2, y2 As Float are coordinates, Float variables.
x, y, x1, y1, x2, y2 As Float are coordinates, Float variables. <<< y,x1 not y.X1 ?

But I am new to this so I could be wrong !

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Overall, I find the B4X Guides a fantastic resource especially during/after watching the ETP videos.
I would be lost without both!

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what I didn't know. Now at least I know what I don't know. :cool:
So I can reference the Guides/Videos and try to figure it out !
The more times I read/watch them the better my understanding as to how everything works together.

Great Work BTW !!! If I notice anything else I will post here.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know what I don't know.
Which reminded me of ancient philosopher Socrates.. (yes, there's ample debate on whether a similar phrase should be attributed to him or even ever told, but let's keep with the simplistic tradition).

KiloBravo

Licensed User
I am going to retract and amend my original statement ...
Now at least I know what I don't know.
To:
At least now, I am beginning to get an inkling of the depth of knowledge that still eludes me in my quest for B4X competency.
But, I shall endeavor to persevere and hence forth, I shall always; Check the B4X Guides, Review the ETP Videos, and Search the Forums. I shall pursue this course of action so that I may acquire the aforementioned knowledge. Also, so that the venture I have embarked upon will ultimately be successful and my journey with B4X richly rewarded, spiritually and intellectually, if not monetarily.

I wish you all extraordinary health and prosperity on your quests !

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Drank a little too much coffee on Wednesday ! 🤪

B4X Basic Language (Page 31)
Be aware that the dimensions of Page1 are not known in Application_Start, the are only known in
the Page1_Resize routine in the Width and Height parameters.

Suggestions (they/the dimensions ?)

KiloBravo

Licensed User
B4X Basic Language
Additional libraries folder
~~~
For the additional libraries it is necessary to setup a special folder to save them somewhere else.
This folder must have following structure: {This folder must have the following structure:}
~~~
The standard and additional libraries have an XML file. B4X Libraries not. {B4X Libraries do not.} ?
~~~

KiloBravo

Licensed User
A B4X library is a simple zip file with the following structure:
• Code modules. All types are supported including Activities ans Services {and}

KiloBravo

Licensed User
4.8.5 Error message "Are you missing a library reference?"
If you get a message similar to this, {it/it usually} means that you forgot to check the specified library in the Lib
Tab list !

KiloBravo

Licensed User
4.9.2 B4A, B4i, B4J String Builder
Tested on a real device, the first 'for loop' took about 20 seconds and the second took less then {a/one ?} tenth
of a second.

KiloBravo

Licensed User
5.2 Deprecated methods - DoEvents, Msgbox
These methods are deprecated, so you shozldn’t {shouldn't use} these anymore

KiloBravo

Licensed User
6.2 Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY principle).
If you find yourself coping {copying} and pasting the same code snippet multiple times and then making a

KiloBravo

Licensed User
B4X Basic Language (Page 34)
3.5.1 Program start B4A / B4i / B4J

Other modues Process_Globals Other modues Process_Globals Other modues Process_Globals

Modules ?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X Basic Language (Page 34)
3.5.1 Program start B4A / B4i / B4J

Other modues Process_Globals Other modues Process_Globals Other modues Process_Globals

Modules ?
Are you a proofreader by trade?
You can get hired by Klaus.

KiloBravo

Licensed User
I am a "wanna be" B4X "Expert" :cool:

Centuries ago (LOL!) I was a "Support Programmer". I looked at a lot of "dumps" and error logs in my past life.

I have always been very detail oriented and my brain works in mysterious ways. I can tell you what caused an error code in a program from 20 years ago, but I can't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday !

Also, I am in the minority here. I can only speak/read/write in ONE language, English. I am not multi-lingual like everyone else on this site !!!

P.S.
When one of my coworkers apologizes for their "poor" English. I always try to reassure them and say,
"Don't worry about it, Believe me your English is a 1000% better than my (insert language here)!" :)

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Now if I could code B4X Programs as well as I can proof read that WOULD be an accomplishment in my book !!! LOL !!!

Fortunately for me, I have the resources to reference that a lot of forum members (and Erel of course) put a lot of time and effort into to make my B4X journey easier !!!

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can tell you what caused an error code in a program from 20 years ago, but I can't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday !
Too bad it was just what I would have asked you. What did you eat yesterday?