iOS Question UDID - I am missing something somewhere

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I watched the video - https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/ up until find UDID at which point it appears to show a screen with an Apple device and talks about opening Safari on the iphone. I have no Apple device. As I understand it I am supposed to be able to develop without one. I have joined The developer program and am sitting at the screen
Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
I have paid for the hosted builder service and entered my id as shown in the video but have no udid and have no idea where to go from here.

Thanks for your help.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sigh, I misinterpreted this line:
This is the only development tool that allows you to develop 100% native iOS apps without a local Mac computer.
I mean, a phone is a computer.
I was also mislead by this line:
"All of the development steps can be done with the builder service including the final step which is uploading the application to Apple App Store."
To me, one of the development steps is testing so I read this to mean that the hosted builder included some kind of emulator.
So, the hosted builder installs the app on my local ios device similar to B4A?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry about the confusion, however a Mac computer is not an iPhone.

Yes.

As explained in the requirements section, you can use the simulator with a local Mac computer.
I have ignored the Mac world as long as I could and have no interest in learning any more than necessary but I now have a requirement for an app that runs on Android and IOS.
In your opinion, am I better off getting an old Iphone for testing, or Getting an old Mac computer and using the emulator?
Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
In your opinion, am I better off getting an old Iphone for testing, or Getting an old Mac computer and using the emulator?

Get or borrow an iPhone. Many people have old iPhones in their drawers, maybe you can borrow one. I borrowed two :)

You don't need a Mac. I use the cloud builder and it works very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Get or borrow an iPhone. Many people has old iPhones in their drawers, maybe you can borrow one. I borrowed two :)

You don't need a Mac. I use the cloud builder and it works very well.
I am in Taiwan at the moment, I was able to pick up a 6 with ios 12 cheap.

Upvote 0