Android Question UDP sync

Ang3ls

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, can you give me some advice on the possibility of controlling the playback of some videos on different devices ...
I have some videos on various devices (Android TV BOX) and I would like to be a central software via a UDP command start a video in sync into all Devices...

i have read in internet that i need to use udp datagram to make the video sync frame by frame

but i don't know how start to write this kind of application... if you have any advice for start to writer code ...

i'm waiting your ideas ;°)

Ang3ls

Licensed User
Longtime User
If -udp-master is given, MPlayer sends a datagram to -udp-ip (default: 127.0.0.1) on -udp-port (default: 23867) just before playing each frame. The datagram indicates the master's position in the file. If -udp-slave is given, MPlayer listens on -udp-ip/-udp-port and matches the master's position. Setting -udp-ip to the master's broadcast address allows multiple slaves having the same broadcast address to sync to the master. Note that this feature assumes an ethernet-like low-latency network connection. Your mileage may vary on high latency networks.

i have found this into mplayer manual... is possible to recreate this method in b4a ? o_Oo_Oo_O

Upvote 0

Ang3ls

Licensed User
Longtime User
i know the network library but i use this for udp communication ... it's possible to use also for video sync ?

Upvote 0

Ang3ls

Licensed User
Longtime User
me too :D but i want create a little app that start simultaneously some video in many device... and check frame by frame the perfect sync... but is not very simple... if you have an idea (any) ... try to tell me ... and I will study and I will do tests ... of course I will post the results here;)

Upvote 0