Android Question Offline & Online DB Sync tools from HandApps with b4a?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

I have just bumped into a post from a company called HandApps, who on their offering are mentioning that their tool works with b4a apps for offline & online sync for dbs?

Has anyone used them before, do you know? Can you please shed some light?

I have read their bronchure like document and are rather interested in something of this nature or even something along the same lines.

Could use your advice.

Thank you in advance.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

I have just bumped into a post from a company called HandApps, who on their offering are mentioning that their tool works with b4a apps for offline & online sync for dbs?

Has anyone used them before, do you know? Can you please shed some light?

I have read their bronchure like document and are rather interested in something of this nature or even something along the same lines.

Could use your advice.

Thank you in advance.
Never heard of this company before but isn't it better to create/implement your own data sync solution? it will be cheaper and you can customize it depending on your needs.

create a background service that checks if the device has an internet access, in the sqlite add 2 columns "IsSynced Boolean" and "RemoteDBID int" and every row you send and receive from the database change the "IsSynced" to true and get the auto increment ID from the remote database and save it into the local DB into "RemoteDBID"

This way your data is synced and you have an access to the remote DB unique ID

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@sfsameer , wow thanks, if you happen to have a solution like this, please consider making it available. Yes, reading from their website, the tools seems to be only for SQLite and MSSQL and I could'nt find anything MySQL or otherwise, perhaps I missed it.

Please say you have something like this planned or available. ;)

PS: And the price, one has to contact them first does seem like an expensive option.

Upvote 0

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
@sfsameer , wow thanks, if you happen to have a solution like this, please consider making it available. Yes, reading from their website, the tools seems to be only for SQLite and MSSQL and I could'nt find anything MySQL or otherwise, perhaps I missed it.

Please say you have something like this planned or available. ;)

PS: And the price, one has to contact them first does seem like an expensive option.
We are already working on the B4XDatabase we mentioned before, which should be ready approximately next month (depends on many factors )
One of the function it will have is "Auto Data Sync" with the local and remote databases.

*By the way the Query syntax is almost like SQL and MySQL and SQLite (combination between the 3 to make the usage much easier)

1665958592127.png

Upvote 0