B4J Tutorial UI apps packaging - self contained installers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
someone know how to add a option to select a path on the instalation?
classPath=path

how can i set the path if have diferents OS (windows,mac etc)
Some users want to install on driver D:/ for example and the installer dont add this option.

I packed my .jar file to .exe
But when I'm trying to install it, most of AntiVirus known it as a virus during installation and don't let it install correctly. How to solve it?

The anti virus software suspects any new executable. If you want to avoid it then you need to purchase a certificate and sign it (some anti viruses will still warn about the installer until it is popular enough).
Ok, but what can I do now or anyway to build the executable file not installation file ( to solve the problem ) ?

alienhunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

setting -BsystemWide=false it does not make the installer go to the user home !, otherwise this is great thanks

B4X:
args.AddAll(Array ("-deploy", "-srcFiles", txtJar.Text, "-native", packageExtension, _
            "-BsystemWide=false", "-title", txtTitle.Text, "-name", txtName.Text, "-outdir", workingFolder, _
            "-outfile", "1.exe", "-BappVersion=" & txtVersion.Text, "-appclass", appClass, _
            "-Bidentifier=" & appClass))

systemWide=boolean
Flag that indicates if the application is installed in Program Files or in the standard location in the users home directory. Set to true to install the application in Program Files. Set to false to install the application in the user's home directory. The default is false.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is one little amazing utility!

Thanks!

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings.

I need your help. I am convinced that this file came from Inno Setup.

I do not know if it is real malware as it was detected by Norton Sonar....

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Sandy

Attachments

• InnoNorton.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 379

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this for the menu name. Add the following line after the args.AddAll line:
B4X:
args.AddAll(Array("-BmenuHint=true", "-Bwin.menuGroup=Test"))

Attached is a version where I added the above line - also in the form - and the possibility to add a Desktop shortcut (windows only).
B4X:
args.Add("-BshortcutHint=true")

Attachments

• B4JPackager.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 427
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…