iOS Question Unable to download B4i-Bridge app from Local Mac

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

If I build B4i-Bridge from Hosted Builder, I'm able to install the app on my mobile phone and also my app.

When I build B4i-Bridge on Local Host successfully and open the link in Safari and hit Install App, nothing happen on the cel.

Would anybody knows why?

Thanks,

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've installed Apple Configuration v2.15 and followed the instructions provided.
No change.
The app did not get installed.

Upvote 0

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
From B4i Compile window:

B4i Version: 8.00
Parsing code. (0.01s)
Building folders structure. (0.04s)
Compiling code. (0.01s)
Building designer app. (0.02s)
Building Xcode project. (0.21s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.09s)
Project size: 0.23 MB
Sending data to remote compiler. (3.15s)
Open mobile Safari and navigate to: 192.168.0.126:51041/<user id>
Then click on the Install button.
Troubleshooting:
1. Make sure that B4I certificate is installed and trusted (www.b4x.com/ca.pem).
2. Make sure that the provisioning file includes the target device UDID.
3. Check the link for typos.
Completed successfully.
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is started (192.168.0.202).
Manually launch the app after installation.

No error on the MAC.

If I check Use Hosted Builder:

B4i Version: 8.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.04s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project. (0.21s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.16s)
Project size: 0.23 MB
Sending data to remote compiler. (6.21s)
Open mobile Safari and navigate to: builder2.b4x.com:51041/<user id>
Then click on the Install button.
Troubleshooting:
1. Make sure that B4I certificate is installed and trusted (www.b4x.com/ca.pem).
2. Make sure that the provisioning file includes the target device UDID.
3. Check the link for typos.
Completed successfully.
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is started (192.168.0.202).
Manually launch the app after installation.

Using both Builder, I get an QR code that open Safari to install the app.
Using Hosted Builder, when I hit Install App, a popup is displayed requesting to install the app.
Using Local Mac, when I hit Install App, nothing ever shows up/happen.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my previous post, in Server settings, Use Apple Configurator to install was not checked.
When it is checked, here's the error messages in the compile window:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: objc[3503]: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in both /usr/lib/libamsupport.dylib (0x1f3823808) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae02c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class AMSupportURLSession is implemented in both /usr/lib/libamsupport.dylib (0x1f3823858) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae0318). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerRestoreInfoHelper is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f3823620) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae0598). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareAggregateRequestCreator is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f3823670) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae05e8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareRequestCreator is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f38236c0) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae0638). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class ATCRTRestoreInfoFTABFile is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f3823710) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae0688). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class AppleTypeCRetimerFirmwareCopier is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f3823760) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae06d8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[3503]: Class ATCRTRestoreInfoFTABSubfile is implemented in both /usr/lib/libauthinstall.dylib (0x1f38237b0) and /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice (0x103ae0728). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
cfgutil: error: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1200 "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-9816, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Would you like to connect to the server anyway?, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <6EB1B7EB-9D25-40C7-82DC-E3A5269B1693>.<1>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(
"LocalDataTask <6EB1B7EB-9D25-40C7-82DC-E3A5269B1693>.<1>"
), NSLocalizedDescription=An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://s.mzstatic.com/version, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=3, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://s.mzstatic.com/version}

Looking at the B4iBuildServer console compilation is a success.

Any clue what is going on here and how to solve it?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this a real Mac or a VM? Looks like Apple Configurator 2 fails somewhere.
It is a real MAC with the latest Monterey version 12.5.1

As a workaround, if I connect a mobile phone to the MAC I can compile and install the bridge or any other application on the phone without error.
In this case, B4i-Bridge is useless.

Is there a special setting I need to do on AC2 if no device is connected to the MAC?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Sherlock

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not a workaround. This is the way it works. The iOS device must be connected to the Mac.
The bridge is less needed with a local Mac but it is still useful in some cases.
Understood.
Correct me if I'm wrong. To installed app on the cel connected to the Local MAC, I alsways set Use AC to install.

Now if I installed B4i-Bridge using AC2 and want to install an app using it. I uncheck Use AC to install in Server Settings.
I start B4i-Bridge on the phone and set the same IP address in the IDE.
Now if I compile my app, I should be able to see a popup in B4i-Bridge asking to install the app.
Would you know why I don't see that using Local MAC but I do using Hosted Builder?

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0