Android Question Unable to find resource ID #0x1a

schimanski

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Did someone knows the following exception? It is raised after changing the screen orientation, but the hole app hangs up, so i can't find the errorline in debug mode....

B4X:
android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Unable to find resource ID #0x1a
    at android.content.res.Resources.getResourceName(Resources.java:3023)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:882)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1062)
    at android.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:684)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1453)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$1.run(FragmentManager.java:443)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5586)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1268)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1084)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
 

schimanski

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
It happens everytime, when I change the screen orientation. But with the info, that it is related to GoogleMaps, I could perhaps find the reason...I will ty something more...thank you..
 

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
You could try looking in your project's Objects folder after you have compiled.
Look in the src folder for the compiled java R class.

Now try to find the R class member that has the value #0x1a - if you can find it then the member name should help you work out which resource cannot be found.
 

pierrem

Member
Licensed User
Hi,

same error ....

In the project\src folder, only anywhersoftware folder (with some subfolder ... with no 'compiled java'

Where is my mistake ?

(and merry XMas !)
 

schimanski

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
I made some more tests. The problem is the fourth tab of the stdactionbar.
When I have only three tabs, no problem. The fourth raises the exception with sometimes different resources.

B4X:
Sub Globals
   Dim bar As StdActionBar
   Private vp As StdViewPager
   Private panelPfeil, panelKarte, panelZiel As Panel
   Private panelTest As Panel
..
..
end sub

Sub Init_Grafik
    panelPfeil.Initialize("")
    panelKarte.Initialize("")
    panelZiel.Initialize("")
    panelTest.Initialize("")

    Dim height As Int = CalculateHeight(True, False)
    vp.Initialize("vp",4 , 100%x, height)
    Activity.AddView(vp.AsView, 0, 0, 100%x, height)
    If Activity.Width<Activity.height Then
        vp.Panels(0).addView(panelPfeil, 0,0,100%x, 100%y-50dip)
        vp.Panels(1).AddView(panelKarte, 0,0,100%x, 100%y-50dip)
        vp.Panels(2).AddView(panelZiel, 0,0,100%x, 100%y-50dip)
        vp.Panels(3).AddView(panelTest, 0,0,100%x, 100%y-50dip)
    Else
        vp.Panels(0).addView(panelPfeil, 0,0,100%x, 100%y)
        vp.Panels(1).AddView(panelKarte, 0,0,100%x, 100%y)
        vp.Panels(2).AddView(panelZiel, 0,0,100%x, 100%y)
        vp.Panels(3).AddView(panelTest, 0,0,100%x, 100%y)
    End If
    bar.Initialize("bar")
    Activity.Title = "Test"
    bar.Subtitle = "Version " & Versionsinfo
    bar.Icon = IconBitmap
    bar.NavigationMode = bar.NAVIGATION_MODE_TABS
    bar.AddTab("Pfeil")
    bar.AddTab("Karte")
    bar.AddTab("Ziel")
    bar.AddTab("Test")
    bar.ShowUpIndicator =False
    bar.SelectedIndex = currentPage
End Sub
B4X:
    android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Unable to find resource ID #0x19
    at android.content.res.Resources.getResourceName(Resources.java:3023)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:882)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1062)
    at android.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:684)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1453)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl$1.run(FragmentManager.java:443)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5586)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1268)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1084)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
 

schimanski

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Good catch.

Add these two lines after you initialize ViewPager:

B4X:
vp.Initialize("vp", 10, 100%x, h)Dim jo As JavaObject = vp
jo = jo.GetFieldJO("vp").RunMethod("setOffscreenPageLimit", ArrayAsObject(100)) 'the first string is "vp" (not related to the variable)
Problem solved!!!
Much thanks....
 
Top