Undeclared array error with version 5

mwaite

Licensed User
OK maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but I couldn't help but notice B4PPC v5 is posted! :sign0060: (admitedly I was checking emails and the web just in case)

Thought I would recompile an application coded from v4 to see if I can get any speed improvement with v5

When I try to run the program I get a compiling error: Use of undeclared array
Here's the line: Dim NewArray(y) as Byte

Isn't DIM doing just that, declaring the array?

(the y variable is passed to the sub)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mwait
In the "What's New" page is stated that one of the new features of v5 is the ability to turn on or off alerts about unused or empty variables....

Last edited:

mwaite

Licensed User
Thank you Erel.

And thank you for v5. (Just playing with the trial version right now, waiting for my email :))

I want you to know I searched the entire help file before posting because I didn't want to ask a stupid question - and hey, didn't see it, so it wasn't a stupid question, right?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my book, There's no such thing as a "stupid Question", there are "already answered question"....

In the OLD forum I once said that "one should be proud of what one know, but humble enough to learn with others", or something like that....Be carefull with the GUN though....:)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
"one should be proud of what one know, but humble enough to learn with others"

I said it last time and I'll say it again - very profound words my friend :sign0188:

Regards,
RandomCoder