Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
6.png

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You saw a shirt worth $97 and since you don't have the money available you borrowed $50 from your Mom and $50 from your Dad. So, you have $100 and since the shirt is only $97 you have $3 left after paying for the shirt. You give back $1 to your Mom and $1 to your Dad and you are therefor left with $1. Now you owe your Mom $49 and your Dad $49. So, $49+$49=$98 plus the $1 you have = $99. WHERE IS THE MISSING $1?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wife: Please lend me $1000.
Husband: What for?
Wife: To buy some stuff for myself
Husband: OK

Husband takes out his wallet and gives her $1000

Wife: Only need $500 for now (and gives back $500 to her husband)
Husband: OK (and puts the $500 she returned back into his wallet)

Wife: (Walking away on her way to go do some serious $500 shopping) You know that you owe me $500 and I owe you $500? So, we are all square now hey! See you later!

Husband: !^#$&#@*!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You saw a shirt worth $97 and since you don't have the money available you borrowed $50 from your Mom and $50 from your Dad. So, you have $100 and since the shirt is only $97 you have $3 left after paying for the shirt. You give back $1 to your Mom and $1 to your Dad and you are therefor left with $1. Now you owe your Mom $49 and your Dad $49. So, $49+$49=$98 plus the $1 you have = $99. WHERE IS THE MISSING $1?
Hold on, what kind of maths is that.
You owe your mom and dad $98, and you have $1. $98-$1=$97 (price of shirt)
There is no $100 and wont equate to $100, what would it?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Found some good ones to share:

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

If it weren’t for C, we’d all be programming in BASI and OBOL.

In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft… and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor

A logician tells a colleague his wife just had a baby.
– Is it a boy or a girl?
– Yes.

Lotteries are a tax on people who suck at math.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A man was locked in a room and left alone..
he found a mirror in the room, he picked up the mirror and he saw the window in the mirror and got out.