[Undocumented Feature] Toggle Button Click

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
I needed to get the click event of a Toggle Button and there wasn't an event for it, so out of curiosity I tried selecting a Button Click event instead since I use alternate events in my library for advanced results and missing events.

It worked and I got the Click Event. Toggle buttons appear to use their own wrapper and not a button wrapper, so the event must have been fired from inside of it and not some type of inheritance from a button wrapper. So, is the event missing from the XML?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
public static class ToggleButtonWrapper extends CompoundButtonWrapper<ToggleButton>

public class CompoundButtonWrapper<T extends CompoundButton> extends TextViewWrapper<T>

public class TextViewWrapper<T extends TextView> extends ViewWrapper<T>

public class ViewWrapper<T extends View> extends AbsObjectWrapper<T>
{
    if (ba.subExists(eventName + "_click"))
}

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel would have to explain why the XML produced at compilation by the BADoclet utility doesn't include the Click and LongClick events inherited from ViewWrapper. I guess it is because the required annotations are missing in the source code - whether by oversight or design I don't know!

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
:( Object Browser doesn't allow events to be modified, so I can't help either.

Should it?

I think not, as that is a very basic "property" of the class, and should be corrected at the source.

Also, not everyone uses the Browser.

What do others think?