Updated files (libs)

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
At the risk of an obvious answer, is there a very simple way of keeping track of updates?
Scenario...
I install B4PPC 6.30 which I presume will contain the latest official libraries.
Over several weeks I download various updated libraries from the forum and install.
I have a system crash (it happens), so I reinstall 6.30.

Now to get all the updated libs, it 'appears to me' that I have to trawl through a list in the forum that may contain several updates of each library but not in any order. Some that have not been updated for months or ever, may be several pages back and get missed i.e. the updates appear in different threads, not allocated folders for each.
Am I correct or am I overlooking something?

Of course the problem seems to be solved with each new B4PPC release, or is it? A few weeks after the release, how can I tell which were included, is it by date only?
Thanks for any help or abuse.

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel for the quick reply. I agree, but in three weeks time that lib could be 20 posts down the list etc. It is easy at the moment, but when several have been updated several times, the list begins to look messy.

If you could imagine for a moment that 6.30 was not released, how would I today 'easily' find all the required latest issues for the current (6.29) version possibly released 4 months ago?

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd love to see a "apptodate" kind of solution, maybe LibToDate?
this could be a standalone application for now but eventually integrated into B4PPC

Run the program and it shows you the installed Lib's and version,
or you can see which Lib's are available and automatically download them

Linux has a similar tool build in ...doesn't it?

I think the only prerequisite is a fixed server for these files...
and a little work creating the xml files

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mr Gee, a good solution but possibly a little 'over the top'.

@Erel, thank you, that will help. Perhaps you could say whether a separate reserved thread per library would be a quick solution, I don't know enough about how forums etc. work.

[Edit] By the way do you ever go to bed Erel?

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mr Gee, a good solution but possibly a little 'over the top'.

just a little... :)
all in all it could be workable... hmm, i think i found a new project
(and I still have several to complete :()

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel, thank you, that will help. Perhaps you could say whether a separate reserved thread per library would be a quick solution, I don't know enough about how forums etc. work.
I will create one sticky thread with the list of updated libraries when there will be enough updated libraries.

By the way do you ever go to bed Erel?
Not enough :)

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for this response Erel