Wish Upload the latest build

Siam

Licensed User
Hi,

i found it will be great when we can Upload the Latest build (without recompile) to the board(s).
I know i can use the commandline but why? we have a Great Software which this certainly can. :D

greetings

Andy

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
If you are running in debug mode then you can rerun the program and it will start in 1-2 seconds as it doesn't recompile. In release mode it does recompile however it reuses most of the previously compiled objects and it should be very fast.

Siam

Licensed User
i need this for the release mode, it is right that the upload goes a bit faster without compiling the code, but not fast enough;) I think it depends on the sitze from the code how long it takes, in my case i have to wait 2 minutes without compile ! the upload only take a few seconds.If you now have 20 Modules to Burn than you can calculate that this take a looooong time. So it where nice to have a litttle burn button in b4r.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Ignore my previous post. I missed the fact that you are asking about B4R.

janderkan

Licensed User
I use this batch file to automate the programming of a lot of units.
Use it as inspiration.

B4X:
@Echo off

:choice
set /P c=Are you ready to burn [Y/N]?
if /I "%c%" EQU "" goto :burn
if /I "%c%" EQU "Y" goto :burn
if /I "%c%" EQU "N" goto :end
goto :choice

:burn
C:\2Work\1C\B4R\EspTool\esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 256000 -cp COM7 -ca 0x00000 -cf C:\2Work\1C\B4R\BoardWemosMini\Futedo\Toilet1\Objects\bin\src.ino.bin
goto :choice

:end
exit

@Echo off

echo %1
exit