Android Question USB debugging

stephans

Licensed User
Hello,

I have a problem with USB debugging in the B4A IDE (Version: 10.7).
If I compile my app in release mode, it works fine. The app is running at the mobile phone
In the debug mode, compiling is sucessfull, but on my mobile phone it will try to start, but it will crash without error message.

Can everyody help me.

Thanks in advance

Stephan

stephans

Licensed User
To upload the project is unfortunately not possible.
But I have find out, I have also the same problem with sample projekts from this forum.
This is an android apptha will communicate (JSON File packed) via bluetooth with an rasberry pi. The JSON data will be display in an listbox.
I think there are no special features inside.

Upvote 0

AbdurRahman

Do you know how to catch error msg ?
I use something like (untested code) :
B4X:
Try
    'your buggy code here
Catch
    File.WriteAllText(File.RootExternal,"error.txt", LastException.Message)
End Try

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
I have also the same problem with sample projekts from this forum.
[/QUOTE

Is the problem with ALL sample projects you've tried, or just a few?

If ALL sample projects fail then the problem is at your end - e.g. Hardware; B4A/SDK installation/configuration; Android device settings etc.

If just a few, are there any similarities between them; like 'older projects' or all using a particular library or B4A feature?

Upvote 0

stephans

Licensed User
I have installe the IDE on a clean computer. After that, my app is running fine and USB debugging too.
I assume that I have a problem with the installation of the IDE on my development laptop. The next step, I will reinstall the IDE and java.
How can I clean deinstall the IDE an java wirh all setting.

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
I have installe the IDE on a clean computer. After that, my app is running fine and USB debugging too.
I assume that I have a problem with the installation of the IDE on my development laptop. The next step, I will reinstall the IDE and java.
How can I clean deinstall the IDE an java wirh all setting.

Just delete the "\java" and "\Android" folders (and sub-folders/files etc).
Then use Windows "Add or Remove Programs" to remove B4A.

Then reinstall exactly as you did for the working clean install on the other computer.

Upvote 0