USB Driver

Bernardrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to connect my NATPC M009S Tablet to my Laptop. But Windows can not reconnize it. HELP!
Does anyone know what usb driver I can use?

Last edited:

Bernardrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,
I will try the B4A-Bridge, but I am still trying to source a suitable driver.
I bought the NATPC M009S 7" Tablet from Amazon after reading rave reviews about it. I am trying to develope a program to communicate to a device with a serial port, so I need to connect it to my laptop for testing.
Regards,
Bernard

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This assumes you use Windows 7...

Connect the tablet to your PC using a USB cable.
Open Control Panel > Device Manager.

If your tablet is detected but simply has no available drivers you'll see it listed (listed probably as two different devices) - right click that entry in the Device Manager and select Properties.

On the properties panel select the Details tab and you'll see a drop down list - select some entries in the list and you'll see the corresponding property value displayed.

Select Hardware Ids and there you have the tablet's vendor id (VID) and product id (PID) codes.

You can now search and hopefully find posts from others that have the same device - you might find a link to drivers.

Otherwise there is the option to manually (hack) the existing (but not working) USB drivers .inf file with Notepad.
The hack is to add your tablet's VID and PID in the correct places so Windows thinks these drivers support your tablet.
The hack isn't guranteed to work but is worth a try if you can't find the tablets official USB drivers or no official drivers exist.

Martin.

Upvote 0

Bernardrose

Licensed User
Longtime User
This assumes you use Windows 7...

Connect the tablet to your PC using a USB cable.
Open Control Panel > Device Manager.

If your tablet is detected but simply has no available drivers you'll see it listed (listed probably as two different devices) - right click that entry in the Device Manager and select Properties.

On the properties panel select the Details tab and you'll see a drop down list - select some entries in the list and you'll see the corresponding property value displayed.

Select Hardware Ids and there you have the tablet's vendor id (VID) and product id (PID) codes.

You can now search and hopefully find posts from others that have the same device - you might find a link to drivers.

Otherwise there is the option to manually (hack) the existing (but not working) USB drivers .inf file with Notepad.
The hack is to add your tablet's VID and PID in the correct places so Windows thinks these drivers support your tablet.
The hack isn't guranteed to work but is worth a try if you can't find the tablets official USB drivers or no official drivers exist.

Martin.

Martin
Thanks for info
Bernard

Upvote 0