Android Question usb2 driver for b4x

yaniv hanya

Licensed User
Hello,

we are working for some months on a b4x project that needs to connect to Arduino controller. it is working great on our developing Arduino. now we start to move to production version and they changed the Arduino chip, and the app doesn't recognize it. (it is working with UART adapter).

The controller (chip) developer says that we should install a usb2 driver on the android.

I wanted to ask if it is correct, should I install a usd2 driver? and if so, where and how can I find one that will suit b4x.

thanks a lot

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wanted to ask if it is correct, should I install a usd2 driver? and if so, where and how can I find one that will suit b4x.
This is not really related to B4X. It is the OS that needs to recognize the USB device.

You can use one of the many USB host related apps to check whether the connected device is recognized or not: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=usb host&c=apps&hl=en

If the device is rooted it is sometimes possible to fix it.

Upvote 0

Frank.G

Licensed User
Hello,

we are working for some months on a b4x project that needs to connect to Arduino controller. it is working great on our developing Arduino. now we start to move to production version and they changed the Arduino chip, and the app doesn't recognize it. (it is working with UART adapter).

The controller (chip) developer says that we should install a usb2 driver on the android.

thanks a lot

Maybe off (and mostly for NANO) but anyways:
1. make sure the Arduinos have the FTDI Chip as USB-Seriell converter. 3rd party chips make connection problems (CH340G mostly).
2. Also make sure on FTDI the PIN 26 (TEST) is on GND (Bridging to PIN 25 GND helps if not the case).

Connection makes trouble in these cases.

Regards
Frank

Upvote 0