B4R Question Use at the same time I2C and software serial in arduino uno simultaniously.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can this be done?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am designing a device and I am planning to divide the necessary procedures to 3 ATMega328P-PU MCUs which I plan to make them communicate with I2C. That is why I need both I2C and software serial or just serial. The work load for the I2C will be around 20 bytes every one second from 3 to 2 (num of MCU) and from 1 to 2 will be only 4 bytes when needed and from 2 to 1 will be just 1 byte when needed.

I will have something like this

MCU 1 (4)<--->(1) MCU 2 <----(20) MCU 3 <===(NMEA Data through serial) GPS Module

---------- I2C communication
====== Serial communication

Do you think this is possible?

My concern is number 3 which I am planning to push more work to it.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi tigrot, I checked your site. What is this project of yours because I cannot understand?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish you happy retirement tigrot. A technician though is always a technician even with a pension. :) You have to tell to the owner of the metal detectors site to upgrade their site looks because now there is also the bootstrap technology and certainly lots of CMSs. Tell him that a site like this pushes away their clients.

P.S. Now that I re-read my message it can be perceived negative and kind of offensive. I really am sorry if this is the case because this was not my intention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish you happy retirement tigrot. A technician though is always a technician even with a pension. :) You have to tell to the owner of the metal detectors site to upgrade their site looks because now there is also the bootstrap technology and certainly lots of CMSs. Tell him that a site like this pushes away their clients.

P.S. Now that I re-read my message it can be perceived negative and kind of offensive. I really am sorry if this is the case bec.itause this was not my intention.
I didn't write this site. I do only for personale use. I wrote this for my doughter Www.ginecologazanin. It
It's not perfect but she gets more contacts from Google than from her site!
Happy Sunday

Upvote 0