Android Question Use PC keyboard to type in EditText

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to do this?
Had a look at various apps but found nil suitable.
Samsung used to have their own app, SideSync, but that doesn't work now with the S9.
I am typing a lot of SQL and this is a bit tedious to do on the phone.

RBS

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try teamviewer; it has to parts - one base module and one extension for mirroring your screen. You have to check, if screen mirroring module is available for your mobile.
Than it works, but for heavy use you maybe need a license - for private use its free. This software can also used with your betatesters.

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try teamviewer; it has to parts - one base module and one extension for mirroring your screen. You have to check, if screen mirroring module is available for your mobile.
Than it works, but for heavy use you maybe need a license - for private use its free. This software can also used with your betatesters.

Thanks, will have a look at that.

RBS

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you only need the pc keyboard and not the pc screen, why not simple connect this keyboard; most android devices allows direct mouse and keyboard connection; you only need an simple and cheap adapter.

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you only need the pc keyboard and not the pc screen, why not simple connect this keyboard; most android devices allows direct mouse and keyboard connection; you only need an simple and cheap adapter.

I need the PC screen as well as I will be working in the B4A editor.
So, I would need a hardware switcher as well.

RBS

Upvote 0