Android Question Using AAR Libraries

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know it can be something quite basic, but I am not familiar with the use of aar files and I am trying to use the library to display GIF images (B4XGifView) in Android according to the following link:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ss-platform-animated-gif-view.118550/#content .

Erel includes a zip (B4A-Dependencies) with 2 .aar files. Then it indicates that it is time to unzip and paste them in the additional libraries folder. I did it that way but no works. Then I also opened these 2 files (android-gif-drawable-1.2.20.aar and relinker-1.3.1.aar) and extracted the classes.jar files along with some .Xml files that were also included. It didn't work this way either. I appreciate any guidance on the correct way to use this library and how to name the files correctly.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then I also opened these 2 files (android-gif-drawable-1.2.20.aar and relinker-1.3.1.aar) and extracted the classes.jar
WRONG! Do not do anything with the AAR except of copying it to the additional libs folder and reference it with #additionaljar:aarfilename.aar

Upvote 0

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
WRONG! Do not do anything with the AAR except of copying it to the additional libs folder and reference it with #additionaljar:aarfilename.aar
Solved. Don Manfred, thank you. I just got it working. I was misreading the steps, but I'm left working on all three platforms. Simply copy the B4XGifView library, which is the same for B4i, B4j and B4A, and in the same folder of libraries from B4A copy the files delivered by EREL. I appreciate your prompt response!

Upvote 0