Android Question Using an existing APK in your project - Samsung Galaxy S5 FM radio

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Darn typo in title should be "Using an Existing APK in your Project"

Hi guys.

I have the phone above and it doesn't come with the software that runs the inbuilt existing radio. Someone on XDA forums ported one from the S4 here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-mini/themes-apps/s5-radio-app-android-4-4-2-t2825175

However it needs root to load it into your phone which I don't have, nor want to do.

Is there a way to attach it to a B4A project and install it using B4A?

Cheers
Gary

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just wanted to add that if you are the original poster (OP) you can edit the title. :)
schemer

Upvote 0

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your replies :) I can't change the title, only the body. The app installs but crashes with "Unfortunatly radio has stopped".

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your replies :) I can't change the title, only the body. The app installs but crashes with "Unfortunatly radio has stopped".

I could have swore I changed a title here before with a typo in it. :mad: Maybe it was another forum. Sorry about that. I just tried on one of my posts and could not see where it could be done. :confused:
schemer

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At the top right of the page just below the title and next to the Watch / Unwatch Thread option, you should see a ThreadTools dropdown, it's an option in there.

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
At the top right of the page just below the title and next to the Watch / Unwatch Thread option, you should see a ThreadTools dropdown, it's an option in there.

I knew it! :D I thought I was losing it there for a minute. Thanks for clearing that up. :cool:
schemer

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AFAIK... the S5 does not have FM radio hardware... at least I don't see it in mine... that's why the app does not come pre- installed

Upvote 0

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually they all do so I read. It's in the hardware but not installed. Thats why it would be a great project to get running. Read the link :)

Upvote 0