Android Question Using Bluetooth Low Energy to receive data from several Peripherals

LLL

Licensed User
Hi I have a question regarding the Bluetooth Low Energy support in B4A.
I would like to write an android application that can receive data from several microcontroller (max. 5) at the same time via Bluetooth Low Energy(important is that the app should be able to work with any kind of microcontroller). I wanted to ask if this is possible and where I can find the library for that? I read that BLE2 lib should be the right one , isn'it ? --> If yes where I can download it and how I need to

I am a newbie in B4A so it would be nice to have some references/tutorial pages how I could realize such an app?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

LLL

Licensed User
You can download it here if you are registered Member (buyed B4A) https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ble-2-bluetooth-low-energy.59937/
Hi thanks a lot for the information, yeah Iam registered member. I have some questions regarding that Library:
- Is there any documentation available for the BLE2 lib?
- I gave a look regarding the BLE-Example. Is the application available to connect to mulitple devices simultaneously?
- Are there possibilites to log / save the sensor data in a text file?

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can just load the libraries and view the functions directly, or if need be you can use 'B4X Object Browser', but you still need to download and copy the library into your external library folder.

Once you have the library in your folder, viewing its functions are extremely simple...

Upvote 0

LLL

Licensed User
You can just load the libraries and view the functions directly, or if need be you can use 'B4X Object Browser', but you still need to download and copy the library into your external library folder.

Once you have the library in your folder, viewing its functions are extremely simple...
Thank you I copied the library in the Additional Lib folder. When I open B4A on the right side I can see the Libraries Manager, where BLE2 is displayed. Clicking on it doesn't help me to see the functions of the library.

Upvote 0

LLL

Licensed User
Thank you so much for the fast responses, I gave a look around and I saw that it can be a problem to to have multiple connections simultaneously with this library. I want to connect up to 5 devices at the same time to the smartphone and the app should be able to receive sensor data from all the devices atthe same time which should be stored in files. Is this possible?

Upvote 0