Android Question Using device to troubleshoot app

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been away from B4A for a long time but now need to make some changes to my app. I did this before but have apparently forgotten some of the steps to use my device(s) to do it. I can connect wirelessly using the bridge and install the app on the device from there. But how to get the screen where i can add controls, move them around, etc.? I am not talking about the visual designer. I guess I mean a screen like an emulator when I first began. Currently my device remains on the first screen showing connected and where I start "Wireless" or bluetooth. My bridge is v2.12, devices are samsung and nexus. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. At 80 my brain is not working the way it used to. I have read the applicable docs regarding using the bridge.

Jim S

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
It sounds like you are actually referring to the designer. Whilst in the designer you can choose to connect to the device that is plugged in via USB, connected wirelessly or to an emulated device and then position existing controls or as new controls as required.

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
It sounds like you are actually referring to the designer. Whilst in the designer you can choose to connect to the device that is plugged in via USB, connected wirelessly or to an emulated device and then position existing controls or as new controls as required.
Yes, apparently I had not noticed the "separated" chain links" indicating disconnected to the designer. That was the piece of the puzzle missing for me. Thank you very much for pointing me to it.

Upvote 0