Using Google AdSense

geoffharper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

I apologize if my question is answered somewhere here and I just can't find it.

I see discussions about AdMob but I from what I read on the Internet I shouldn't bother with it as it is obsolete or becoming obsolete (?).

I have been using Google AdSense in my web sites for a couple of years and it is very simple to insert the AdSense-generated JavaScript into my site anywhere I wish.

I now am writing a non web-based app in b4a and would like to know just how to incorporate Google AdSense with the app.

Although my app does not need an Internet connection I have no problem with requiring one just for the AdSense if I could just figure out what I need to do code-wise.

I will certainly post back responses if I can get it working.

i will be in meetings for ~ the next 4 hours but I will check back after that.

Thanks so much in advance! I'm sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question :sign0161:, but this is new territory for me.

-Geoff

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google bought Admob in 2010 and they are in the process of merging it with Adsense. It is not obsolete yet. In fact right now Google serves Adsense ads too via Admob. I am not sure if there is some criteria that every Admob user needs to meet, before getting access to Adsense, but right now all you need to do is use Admob B4A library to add an ad block to your app, enable Adsense ads on Admob website and that's it.

Upvote 0

geoffharper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks much for your reply!

I mistakenly thought that there was some relatively-easy facility (other than AdMob) to serve the AdSense ads and I was just missing it.

It sounds pretty easy, so thanks for your direction!

I'll post back my results.

Thanks!
-Geoff

Upvote 0

geoffharper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to bother again!

There probably is a simple answer, but I'm stuck at this point and I can't find the answer in the forum.

Where the tutorial says "Add a reference to AdMob and GoogleAdMobAdsSdk libraries" "AdMob" shows, but "GoogleAdMobAdsSdk" does not.

I added the files to the "Additional libraries" configured folder, and this added "AdMob" to the list in "Libs" of B4A, but "GoogleAdMobAdsSdk" does not show - I tried "Refresh" and many other things.

configured folder:

b4a002.jpg

GoogleAdMobAdsSdk.jar is a rename of GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-6.0.1.jar which came from googleadmobadssdkandroid.zip which I downloaded.

Referenced libraries:

b4a001.jpg

Thanks!
-Geoff

Upvote 0

geoffharper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, I should have continued on then. For some reason I decided that no "GoogleAdMobAdsSdk" reference available was a show-stopper.

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks to Inman and Erel for your help - all is working great now!

As a VB6 programmer, B4A has made it so easy for me to jump in to this! I have succesfully created apps using Java with Eclipse, but it's a PITA as far as I'm concerned - it's not complicated, just horrendously tedious! B4A has solved the issue for me!

Thanks for a great product!

-Geoff

Upvote 0