iOS Question Using Hosted Builder for earlier versions of iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by Alec Wadey, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Alec Wadey

Alec Wadey New Member Licensed User

Hi all,

Second post of the day. I'm using the hosted builder and if I set the #MinVersion to anything other than 8 (or above), it gives me the following warning and then the build fails:

Build system information
    warning: The iOS deployment target is set to 7.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions for this platform is 8.0 to 12.1. (in target 'B4iProject')

Unfortunately, that then means my wife can't download the app on her iPhone 7 when I deploy to HockeyApp. I guess that makes sense, but does that mean we can only build release apps for later than iPhone 7 models?

Thanks,

Al

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

It is related to the Xcode version installed, Xcode 10 which is required for uploading apps to the store no longer supports iOS 7.

3. Alec Wadey

Thanks Erel, however my wife's phone is running OS 12.3.1 so that should work right? I'm just concerned that we can't build for phones which are still used quite widely?

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Don't confuse iOS version with the iPhone version.

Your app will work on 99%+ of the devices.

5. Alec Wadey

Just wanted to update this post for if others have similar issues. HockeyApp caused me to run down a rabbit hole when it said "This release is not available on your device". I then assumed that meant the version of the phone so changed the iOS Deployment target to 7 which failed to build as this is related to the iOS version NOT the device version as Erel said.

The ACTUAL issue was I hadn't built the app against a mobile provision that included my wife's iPhone UUID. I had only added the UUID to HockeyApp. Once I added it to Apple, downloaded the mobile provision and rebuilt the app everything worked fine!

Sorry for the confusion and a learning experience for me!

Al

Erel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice