iOS Question Using picker in iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by Luiz Fernando Orlandini, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Luiz Fernando Orlandini

Luiz Fernando Orlandini Active Member Licensed User

Hi All,

I have a layout with some input informations. One of them is a Picker.

Something like below...

Picker
    Text
    Text
    Button

All the fields have 5 points between of free space.

What is the problem? Picker show all the options just after the layout is showed. This is one point. How can I not show all options until the user click in it?

The second problem. I can access the text field immediately after the picker, cause the my options block them. Is it possible the change these behaviour?

Thanks.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I think that you should switch to a button with ActionSheet (see DBUtils example). It will work as you want.

I didn't understand the second problem. Sorry.

3. Luiz Fernando Orlandini

Erel, I will se the example.

The second problem...

When i put a picker in the view all fields bellow become inaccessible, cause picker overlaps the text filed immediately below it. Is it more clear now?

4. Luiz Fernando Orlandini

Erel, I see DBUtils example, and is not the case to implement an Action Sheet with a button.

In Android I have implement a Combo Box, but in iOS we don't have a combo, just a picker.

5. Erel

You can use Picker. Picker is a large view so you need to make room for it. It is not possible to hide the items.

6. Luiz Fernando Orlandini

Why not? This is a kind of limitation of B4i, cause in native development, all options just appear, when you get the component focused.

7. Erel

This is how the native Picker works. It is a wheel with values. The values always appear. Maybe you seen an app that fills the items when you click on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice