Android Question Using strings.xml

apty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please guide me on how to include strings.xml in my b4a app. I have added it as AdditionalRes but it seems not to be picked. I am passing an intent to an external application . The application needs to read strings.xml value of my app. I thought by just including strings.xml with the necessary value under res/values, it will work but its not working. In java, the application can read my strings.xml very well but if i use B4A, it fails to read it

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
seems not to be picked
did you created a R-Class for your project and use this R.java in your project?

PD: You are posting to the wrong place. This should have been posted to Library Questions.

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please guide me on how to include strings.xml in my b4a app. I have added it as AdditionalRes but it seems not to be picked. I am passing an intent to an external application . The application needs to read strings.xml value of my app. I thought by just including strings.xml with the necessary value under res/values, it will work but its not working. In java, the application can read my strings.xml very well but if i use B4A, it fails to read it

How are you trying to access the string resources - are you sure you are using the right method to get the right resource id?

Upvote 0

apty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh...I will try to move the post to Library Questions. No i didn't create R.Java. How do i use R.Java with B4A?

Upvote 0