Using the designer

davelew1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!
I am using the designer to layout all the controls, but the problem is most of them are covered up so to select them is not easy without moving all the top ones, then trying to get them back again, if I use the 'next' button I can step through to the control I want, but can't see it. Is there any way to bring controls to the front work on them and then send them back?
Thanks Dave.

davelew1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the quick reply Erel I've tried this ,it 'sort of works' If I use the 'next' button until the control I want is shown in the name box press ctrl then next the name is blanked out, click on any control showing, this is highlighted in yellow, then 'bring to front' it acts on the next control not the one I want.Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?
Dave.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what I like to do when I build a form with many controls:
Use several panels to group the controls (according to your application logic).
At runtime hide and show the panels using the Visible property, and set their location using Top / Left properties.
You can also change the screen size (Designer - Tools) so you will have more work space.

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I was creating the Flat Bet program which is in the "Share your Creations" area, I used a lot of Panels and found the best way to work in the Designer was to set the Screen Size (Tool Menu) to set the Width to 500.
This allowed me to Select and Drag each Panel to the right until the one I need to work on remained.

After finishing I just dragged the Panels back and reset the Screen Size Width to "Default"