various issues

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It works (of course)
Observations:
1. Several time I forgot to save the layout, running the application from the IDE to find out that it is the previous arrangement. It would be nice to have an auto save when you run.
2. How do you set color by code ? the RGB raises an error and the preset colors (cred etc) are not recognized. Colors are accepted when defined by integers (one number) but its hard to define. (I worked around by setting the color as an existing view's color).
3. When changing the definition of a button from default to customizable colors the position and size are changed also without intention. It would be nice to keep the same size and position.

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you.

More:
1) string methods like strat, strlength - raise error.
2) cPi is not recognized.
3) disp = 10 ^ disp is not accepted
4) sound is not recognized

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you

"end select" raise error "missing keyword end sub". If I delete it the error disappears but then the select has no end :confused:
edit: now the select also raise an error. So how do I write a select code ?

How can I do "Format" command ?

How do I add menu to the application ?

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, but you answered while I added two more questions...

infantilo

My observations:
- Date is missing
- Regex missing (reported by mail)

my wishes:
- would it be possible to get autocompletion(intellisense) even when there are letters behind the point? (e.g. astringvriable.len would give length)? ;-)
- Possibility to create sub's within active scourcecode-window from within the designer window.

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
more:

How if at all can I declare a structure ?

Math Log, Ln, Sqrt don't work. Log is used for something else.

changing color of a view paints the whole rectangle, destroing the corners and shades.

What is background property used for ?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are pressing Ctl-Space to see the Intellisense aren't you? Press it on a blank line to see the keyword list and work your way in. I find the Intellisense is pretty bl**dy good in the IDE.

1) Entering "Type(" should give you Intellisense for how to do it. It's a two stage process now to get a variable. Declare the type then Dim an instance of it.

2) Logarithm(num, base) replaces Log and Ln
Power(num, base) replaces Sqrt

3, 4) I am sure there will be much better and more integrated graphics to come but it's not really my interest so I haven't looked at what is presently available let alone what Android can do.

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I added first level menu, with each item's sub. How can I make sub menu that will show when I click on the main menu item ?

Attachments

• menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The feature of ctrl+space is very useful to see the possible methods, but when I have a program with many views and subs, I'm drowning in the long list.
Is it possible to make one shortcut for views and subs, another for methods ?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I make sub menu that will show when I click on the main menu item ?
In Android you can't. An Activity has only a single level of menus. From a menu click event you could show another Activity which could have its own menu and/or a ListView to choose stuff from.

Actually Android also supports floating submenus and each View (control) of an Activity can have a context menu, still only a single level. I don't if Erel plans to support these.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Check out InputList keyword.
I missed that, being a keyword and not a view. That's neat, using the Msgbox mechansism for the fiendishly clever modal bit. Are you going to round out the modal functionality with Date and Time pickers using the same mechanism? And how about an InputBox with a TextEdit as well?