Version 6 Compile issue - fonts

emaster

Licensed User
I just downloaded version 6 am using optimized compiling on my personal contact manager. I get the following error (Device or Windows):
------
Error compiling program.
Error message: error C51502: The best overloaded method match for 'system.Drawing.Font.Font(string, float, System.Drawing.FontStyle)' has some invalid arguments.
------
I am using the FormLib.dll (dated 31 Oct 07) but I am not changing any fonts. I use it for:
ChangeParent
MinimizeBox
AddContextMenu

Any suggestions?

emaster

Licensed User
Erel,
It does not give any line number. It comes up right after the first 'DOS' window pops up during compiling.

I eliminated all references to FormLib.dll and removed the component - still get the error.

I would rather not post the code as it is 3300 lines and contains some private data.

Can you recomend a logical way to determine what to check or remove from my code to track this down?

Thanks
David

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you recomend a logical way to determine what to check or remove from my code to track this down?
As it's a compilation error you don't need the code to run. So take a COPY of your code and remove the contents of each Sub, one by one, leaving the Sub Name - End Sub lines so you don't get missing references when you compile. Once you have isolated the Sub then take lines out of that Sub. Once you have isolated it it you can probably make a short bit of code that produces the error and send it to Erel if the problem is not now obvious.

emaster

Licensed User
Ok here is what I have found:
1. Remarked out each Sub contents one at a time and tried to compile. Even with all remarked out still receive an error.
2. Removed all components and objects. Still receive an error.
3. Deleted all code except for Golbals and App_Start Sub and End Sub (no code). Still receive an error.
4. Started a new program and started to add in the components and objects I use (no code).
5. When I added DesktopOnly.dll to only the Desktop and compiled for the device I received an External compiler error C50246: "The type or namespace name 'DesktopOnly' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
6. When I added DesktopOnly.dll to the Device and compiled I received no error.
7. Added the following Components without an error (other than step 5 above):
- FormLib.dll
- Hardware.dll
- SQLDevice.dll
- SQLDesktop.dll
- DesktopOnly.dll
- ControlEvents1.dll
- HardwareDesktop.dll
8. I have started to add in code but this is going to take quite a while.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.