Android Question Video Streaming (audio too)

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
The fact of that i ask about technologies makes the readers be interested in it and try to see possibilities of development, I do not ask for asking. When I receive ambiguous answers I feel that at least he analyze my question.

To all this I was seeing that Youtube is changing again the policies of use, as well as Google, some time ago I commented. Today's question is, apart from the excellent examples of @Erel, were there any advances?

Many thanks for your all answer and help @DonManfred i expect continue to buy your libraries.

Thanks all.

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel for the advice.-
I have a client who asked me for a solution for a rural area, needs to control a water tank for animals with a remote camera, there is no Internet only 3G and 4G, I was watching developments with nodemcu and a camera esp32, my idea was to do something in B4a to see the security cam.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be possible with ffmpegencoder which latest version has support for camera and of course streaming. I will do some tests and let you know.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Depending how far away he is between his house and where the camera is, it would be easier to use an IP Camera, and a set of ubiquity NanoStations to link the camera back to the house network.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Depending how far away he is between his house and where the camera is, it would be easier to use an IP Camera, and a set of ubiquity NanoStations to link the camera back to the house network.
Interesting - I was not aware of those. Had a look at Amazon.it and prices start from EUR 55 and upwards although if the cheapest ones are suitable for outdoor use I don't know.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use them all the time, and they are amazing for point to point networks, and they work for great distances.

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User

Yes the Ubiquity solution is good but for places where there is stable internet, here the case is to transmit video over 3g or 4g in low resolutions and frames per second.

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be possible with ffmpegencoder which latest version has support for camera and of course streaming. I will do some tests and let you know.
May be Amazing. Thanks

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ocalle
can you explain the setup a little bit more? Do I understand you correctly that you would use an android phone as a camera and use it to stream to a destination such as a PC, another android device?

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
One image is better than 1000 words and my poor English
samplecamera.png

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm...in your screenshot, I cannot understand the need for an Android device in your solution. Of course, you can use it to watch the stream if NodeMCU has the software to stream over 3g or 4G. Maybe the reolink-go suggested by @techknight is a better solution?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with moster67 but I suppose it is a matter of not spending a three digit number of euros .

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
The device that suggested is cool, but here not available as service.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but in which way did you plan to use an Android device and B4A?

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
To connect with the camera server in the ESP8266 by WebviewRTC as suggest Erel

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have more information about the camera server in the ESP8266? Specifications?

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Let me tomorrow ill find some spec data for you

Upvote 0