VideoViewExt and Content from File.DirInternal

colboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got a small video player created using VideoViewExt. If I play files from File.DirDefaultExternal it works fine. If I play them from File.DirInternal nothing plays. I check the file exists, then copy from File.DirAssets and then verify the file made it and all is well. However when I load the file and then play nothing happens for File.DirInternal?

Anyway got any ideas, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks, Colin

colboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Small correction. File.DirInternal is not a compressed folder. File.DirAssets is the compressed folder.

However File.DirInternal can only be accessed by the current application. Therefore the video service cannot access the files stored there.

So there is no way to copy files from File.DirAsset to an internal area on the device and play video from there?

As I don't know the destination device, I can't guarantee, nor want to enforce an SD Card. If I can't do it as an internal file, is there any other way to get around this limitation?

Colin

Upvote 0

colboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a different method for playing video? Without the need for additional software to be installed.

Thanks, Colin

Upvote 0

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have many videos playing from the Internal storage of the device. You can not play from File.DirInternal or File.DirAssets. One of my devices has the following for memory:

/mnt/sdcard

This is internal memory

/mnt/ext_sdcard

This is the SDCard

I play video from both with no issues. I create a folder off of /mnt Like:

/mnt/sdcard/videos, for internal and /mnt/ext_sdcard/videos for the SDCard. My app then looks in these folders for videos to play. I have many people using it and they do not have a SDCard installed.

Upvote 0