Android Question wait for question

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

Is it possible to us wait for with stg like or ? I want to load an interstital ad and wait for fail or received and continue.

Currently I use :

B4X:
    Wait For iad_ReceiveAd 
    If IAd.Ready=True Then
    IAd.Show
    panelloading.Visible=False
    panelana.Visible=True
    panelreklam.Visible=True
    Else
    End If

but here , if ad fails to load , I think app will have to wait forever so it possible to do stglike this : wait for iad_receivead or iad_failedtoreceivead ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think app will have to wait forever
The app or main thread never waits for anything when you call Wait For. Nothing bad will happen if iad_ReceiveAd is never raised.

You cannot call Wait For with two events. You can do something like:
B4X:
Sub iad_FailedToReceiveAd (ErrorCode As String)
 CallSub(Me, "iad_ReceiveAd")
End Sub

Now you can wait for iad_ReceiveAd and just make sure to always check whether IAD.Ready is true.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was about to ask why you'd want to sit and wait for an advert - but guess that you want to ensure that it is displayed before permitting a user to proceed..

As Erel has mentioned the main thread will keep on going anyway. Have you looked at Rewarded Ads that might be the way to go?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a splash screen at startup , i need to show ad before proceeding to main view, so if it cant load the ad, i want to skip waiting because, i dont show the main screen beofre iad.show. Also i dont want to repeat the loadad , i want to call iad.requestad if it succeeds it must show the ad and continue, if it fails , i want it to continue to main screen without trying again.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Rewarded ads not good for me.:/

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…