Android Tutorial Walkie Talkie - Audio streaming over Wifi or Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciapw

Licensed User
Do you mean the same protocol is the same wifi connection? IIf i am mistaken, please kindly explained it to me. Thanks a lot for your help
This example works on Android. It sends or receives raw PCM data. You can build a similar solution that runs on a different client. It will work if you use the same protocol.

ciapw

Licensed User
The data in this example is PCM data and it is sent with AsyncStreams in prefix mode.

This is the protocol.
Hi Erel. I found this post written by you. If my data will be sent through I2C from button hardware to nanopi, i couldn't use AsyncStreams in prefix mode, could I?

In order to use prefix mode you will need to have full control over the data that is sent from the serial device. It will not be possible to use prefix mode with most serial devices.

Last edited:

ciapw

Licensed User
Hi Philip .. Can we use UDP send and receive packet method by taking the data from mqtt broker? The idea will be like this :

1.Person A press the button on the phone , the phone will record the message and when person A press the button again , the message will be sent through a MQTT broker (test.mosquitto.org)
2. When a message is sent from A, NanoPi will get the message from test.mosquitto.org, NanoPi will playback the message so person B will hear it.

Thankyou . I am looking forward to your reply

cxdzbl

Licensed User
How can I make the recording do not save directly to byte, and then convert byte to audio file playback?

Roland Obeng

Licensed User
the walkie talkie example above works perfectly.
Please I want to ask if communication can be done through radio waves(channels) between two android devices instead of WiFi and Bluetooth.

I would like an example if it is going to be possible

Thanks

deantangNYP

Licensed User
Longtime User
May i know how can i configure this WalkieTalkie example to operate in Cellular Network? (assuming i know the IP address of both the Android device)
also, possible to have it in full duplex (ignoring the feedback)?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…