B4J Question WebApp - Calling Different APIs from it in different classes - Handle StartMessageLoop-StopMessageLoop

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I 've been searching in the forum's search to find an answer in the question in the thread's title. So far I have only come in to this:

But this is not my case. My case is the following. I found it easy in order to move desktop apps also to the web easily to handle all the procedures of the application in classes. Thus we move the classes to the web app and we just design the html and change slightly the code in the case of minor incompatibilities (f.e. table views). I 've found it though hard - although it seems to be working intermittently - to call external API's because you are calling with http job and you have to StartMessageLoop-StopMessageLoop for it. This subs that access the external APIs are called either by web request or inside the jar with a timer from the main module in the corresponding class. The web request seems to being handled correctly. But the timer works intermittently. Here is a shape of what I do. How do I handle in such situations StartMessageLoop-StopMessageLoop

1693821975322.png

Edit - wrong shape (in request the StartMessageLoop is called after the "Call the Sub that is called in Sub A".)

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tomorrow morning I 'll get back to this.

Upvote 0