Android Question webview not supported webassemby

acidorus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
I have a project in webassembly, i'm creating webview apk , in some devices is correct, in others it is not supporting webassembly

could force a new version of webview, or use the chrome browser on the webview?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m not sure if webview support webassembly. Guess NO. Never heard about webassembly. And also can not remember seeing any post in this forum about this in the past.

You can not use Chrome in Webview. Webview uses another engine.

You can open chrome browser to open the page. Does it work this way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

acidorus

Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m not sure if webview support webassembly. Guess NO. Never heard about webassembly. And also can not remember seeing any post in this forum about this in the past.

You can not use Chrome in Webview. Webview uses another engine.

You can open chrome browser to open the page. Does it work this way?

i have a website in golang with webassembly and I need to transform it into an app to communicate with a thermal printer, so I used the webview, so I turn the website into an app with printing

most of the devices worked, I have only a few models with android 6 and 7 that don't work.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
see:

Impotant; Browser compatibility

Upvote 0

acidorus

Licensed User
Longtime User
my project is already complete, in golang, and i made an application in B4A with webview for printing. it is already in use in some androids, I only had problems in some versions due to the webview not supporting webassembly.
Does it have any format to replace the webview of the android system, so I would put a webview that can support

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
haaa !!!,
Review the SDK for the device with integrated printer.

I know you have to do a little trick to redirect the WebView output

Upvote 0