Webview Questions..

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,
I hope someone will be able to help me with this issue.

I have an activity with two panels. Each panel has a webview.

I am dynamically creating content from a database, and then using the LoadHTML for each webview. Max String size is less than 4,000 bytes, and string integrety is verified by writing it into the log.

The user then uses buttons to toggle between panels.

The problem is that after switching between panels 2-3 times, and reloading the html, webview displays a blank screen. I know the HTML is at least partially loaded, because I can scroll a blank screen.

logs show absolutely no errors.

Initially, I thought it was a cache issue, so I incorporated Martin's webviewsettings, and webviewextras, clearing the cache, and then turned off the cache completely. Still no luck.

I have checked the problem on multiple devices, and experience the same problem on froyo y ICS.

does anyone know of a way to check to see if the webview has finished loading the page?

thx in advance!

...Pablo

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do have these events, and they are firing appropriately.

UPDATE: I have found 1 problem - evidently froyo-ics have had problems with the zoom features.. Specifically with the internal ZoomManager. after removing, the programatic zoom, my problem is now fixed in froyo y gingerbread.... however ICS continues to expierence the same problem.

I have now tried turning off zoom completely, with no success..

Upvote 0