Android Question Weird problem with IDEs

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Windows 10 desktop did an automatic update overnight and I'm now on Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1288) according to winver.

All of a sudden when I select anything inside a B4X IDE I get this behaviour:

IDEweirdo.png

seems to only affect the B4X IDEs I use (A, i, J) - all selects in other editors (Note, VB6 ...) appear to be fine.

I've tried the obvious such as rebooting but it persists.

Googling didn't help either.

Also causing some weird behavior in Find/Replace.

Last edited:

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
The link works fine for me but I have to tell the browser that I want to keep it as it knows it is an executable and by default won't download it.
Sorry I should have been more precise - what I should have said was the "the troubleshooter" link within the link you gave did not work - and still doesn't for me.

Another of life's little mysteries.

Anyrate as of now, some 18 hours later everything is working OK with the IDEs.

Thanks again...

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyrate as of now, some 18 hours later everything is working OK with the IDEs.
So it seems some updated driver causing it.
Win10 updates just killing old machines.

My laptop went dead just because I ignored 'important updates' message of Win10 for a week. (I am using son's laptop now)

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So it seems some updated driver causing it.
Win10 updates just killing old machines.

My laptop went dead just because I ignored 'important updates' message of Win10 for a week. (I am using son's laptop now)
I agree. Windows 10 updates make my HP laptop Wireless adapter card not working and then after a few month later it’s back but then on and off it’s not working. I have to plug in an USB WiFi dongle for reliable use.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree. Windows 10 updates make my HP laptop Wireless adapter card not working and then after a few month later it’s back but then on and off it’s not working. I have to plug in an USB WiFi dongle for reliable use.
My Bluetooth gets working on/off after each update and so I try to not update as much as possible. Looks like Win10 did not like it and killed my laptop.
Now I have always on update in my son's laptop. I can not fight MS (or Google).

Upvote 0