Bug? Weirdness ... window tabs at bottom right of IDE become unresponsive!

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
At various times, the tabs that select my enabled windows at the lower right of the IDE (Modules, Libraries, Files, etc) become totally unresponsive. This is always when I do a Debug compile and I have a crash ... but not always. When this happens, Everything else on the IDE works, just not the tabs at the lower right. If I then close B4A and restart it, the problem is still there!

Now here's the weirdest part. If I change the size of the IDE window and drag it to some other part of the screen, so that the unresponsive tabs are on a different section of the screen, they work fine! Maximizing the window again, they are unresponsive.

My conclusion is that something in the way that B4A handles a crash of apps during Debug disables screen response for locations in the lower right of the screen. The screen doesn't respond via a mouse or with touch. It's a Windows effect, independent of any app. The only way I can restore normal activity is by restarting my laptop.

Has anyone else experienced this? I never saw it with previous B4A versions. I'm running 8.50.

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Never encountered such issue. Try to reset the windows layout with Windows - Reset.
Did do that with no success. Probably not even B4A related. I'll try some other things if/when it happens again and will update.

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you update your Windows system properly including .net?
Hmm I've done nothing special beyond routine, automatic Windows 10 updates. Havent had the problem again since first post. Maybe I did have an incomplete update at that point. Who knows.