B4J Question Wemos to pc(b4j)

jerryjukem

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have not found a way to network a wemos d1 through wifi to a pc with b4j or basic4ppc running as a server through the home router. This is to hook different sensors to wemos and monitor on pc

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll have a video online (hopefully) this weekend showing exactly that and post it in the B4J Share Your Creations forum section. Here it is. It won't have code details but it'll show it working and give a 'wide-view' idea of what's involved in that particular scenario.

The answers you seek are in the forums but I don't remember the exact threads right now. Do a search on Wemos and/or ESP8266 and WiFi.

There are 2 basic ways...

1) Set your Wemos to Access Point mode. Tell your B4J Server computer to connect to that AP in which you'll have a little network of its' own.

2) Set your Wemos Access Point 'off'. Have the Wemos connect to your existing WiFi Access Point in your home router. The Wemos having either With or Without a dedicated IP (depends on the choice you make below).

B4J Server to Wemos App Connection ..

1) Have your B4J server connect to your B4R (you ARE wanting to run B4R on it, right?) Wemos via Sockets or HTTP Post or etc. and exchange data between them. Either staying connected (Sockets) or just connect/data exchange/disconnect. This will require the B4J Server knowing what IP your B4R Wemos has.

2) Have your B4R Wemos broadcast (UDP rather than TCP) it's data onto the network. Your B4J Server listens to all UDP broadcasts on a given port. No need to know what IP your B4R Wemos has as the B4J Server just listens to everything coming on the port.

Last edited:
Upvote 0