What am I overlooking?

Scubaticus

Licensed User
B4X:
fCtciDat = 1
sqlCmd = "Select Alias from Locs As l outer join Sess As s on l.Ndx = s.Ndx Where s.sSes >= '" & fCtciDat & "' AND s.eSes <= '" & fCtciDat & "'"

After executing the above code, sqlCmd has the value "The XML was improperly formatted. Please escape it if necessary"

Do I overlook something? I don't see it.
If there is something wrong in formatting a string I would expect a runtime error message, not a completely different value in my string!

Scub

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Take it apart into it's components & feed them through the SQL parser one additional step at a time until it complains. It could be something in the format of your variable.

Scubaticus

Licensed User
Take it apart into it's components & feed them through the SQL parser one additional step at a time until it complains. It could be something in the format of your variable.

I'm just filling a string with a value. I took the string in parts and when the <= comes in the value of the SqlCmd string is changed with the XML error.

SqlCmd could also be named JustAString with the same result.

SQL has nothing to do with it at this point.

Scub

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hate it when Erel is better at this than me, even if I did beat him to replying ;)

Scubaticus

Licensed User
I hate it when Erel is better at this than me, even if I did beat him to replying ;)

He's fast and always points to the right direction. The 'error' is gone anyway in the new release. My mistake was stopping the debugger after the strange string value the debugger gave me. Blame it at working to late .... :)