iOS Question what does this error message mean?

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,

I am probably doing something silly, just trying to send a picture as a base64 string from one place to another via a TCP socket using Astream but I am getting this message -

Error:- *** -streamError only defined for abstract class. Define -[B4IFastSocket streamError]!

and all I get at the other end is part of the picture.

I have encoded the picture with base64 if that helps.

Ultimately the picture when its received at the other end is going to be stored in a sql database.

anyone know what this error message means?

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
well...... I am trying to expand an app I already have, currently my iOS and Android apps send about 8 fields of text to a database app I have written in Xojo that runs on a mac, I am trying to add the ability for my iOS and Android users to also send a small picture from the user of the product they want added to the database

I had tried to just send the bytes and then storing as a blob on my database but had similar issues of not the whole picture being transmitted, which is why I changed to using base64 encoding..

I did look at the b4xserializator, but I could not see how to implement it in to my existing Xojo app - I guess my question now falls out of the scope of B4X as its now how do I use the information from b4xSerizator in Xojo.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did look at the b4xserializator, but I could not see how to implement it in to my existing Xojo app - I guess my question now falls out of the scope of B4X as its now how do I use the information from b4xSerizator in Xojo.
This will indeed be complicated.

Implementing a server with raw sockets is a mistake in most cases.
I can only guess that the server closes the connection before the whole data was received.

Upvote 0

Darren69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I think I am going to have to rewrite my Xojo App in B4J. i am sure I will be back as I figure out how to do what I am already doing in Xojo and trying to get the finished app running on a Pi.

Guess my dad was right - you never stop learning!

Upvote 0