Android Question what is the best way to connect to a database (phpmyadmin)

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Regards

What is the best way or technique to make queries to my database that is hosted in a yahoo hosting ...

My intention is that my application serves about 30 users at a time (phpmyadmin).

I am currently using this:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/connect-android-to-mysql-database-tutorial.8339/#content

It works fine, but I'm worried that once the application is distributed, the server generates rejections or blockages to the users.

A table of my base has 14,000 items and the other 4000. Thank you

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
30 users is nothing. DB size doesn't matter at all as long it is designed well and uses indexes (I use tables with millions of rows). So do not worry here. Take care you only load what the user needs at that time (e.g. 20 items or so)

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings, thanks for the reply, Kmatle

I wanted to do a two of additional queries:

1. I could download the database one time "temporarily", once each session and use it for consultations, instead of making multiple queries to the server, there is an example in b4a.

2. There is a view that allows quick searches of a view-list as a word is entered, there is an example in b4a

thank you

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I could download the database one time "temporarily"
Only if it is a SQLite database (which Yahoo hosting probably doesn't support).

The best option is to switch to a VPS and use jRDC2.

There is a view that allows quick searches of a view-list as a word is entered, there is an example in b4a
You should start a new thread for a new question. Search for SearchView.

Upvote 0